Assembly | Backyard Discovery
Most Backyard Discovery products sold by YardKid offer an option to add-on assembly at an additional cost, through the website.
With that said, you may prefer to hire independent installers. Click the below link for a nationwide list of independent installation companies to make your selection process easier:
Always make sure to do an inventory check before sending installers.
If you choose to add-on assembly through the website, a representative will call you to set your assembly date. Your assembly date should be within 5 days of the date you receive your product. Please be sure to read the below to avoid additional assembly charges.
You must have some tasks completed prior to the arrival of the assembly team purchased through our website:
What you can expect when scheduling the assembly service:
- Once you place your order, the swingset will be shipped to you. This may take 10-14 days. The delivery company will call you to schedule a delivery appointment. Please see the "Shipping" tab for detailed information. Note, an adult must be present to accept delivery.
- Around the time of delivery our assembly folks will call you to schedule your assembly. Depending on the time of year, an available assembly date may be 2-3 weeks from the date they call you to set the appointment. PLEASE TAKE THIS INTO ACCOUNT WHEN PLANNING A PURCHASE AROUND A SIGNIFICANT EVENT SUCH AS A BIRTHDAY PARTY!
- If you purchased your swing set with assembly included in the price, then no additional charges should apply unless you have not prepared your area as described below.
What you can expect the day of the assembly service:
- The Backyard Discovery professional, courteous team will call 30-60 minutes before the scheduled arrival time.
- The team will assemble your unit in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- They will consolidate all of the packaging materials and debris and place them where you would like on your property.
- Our technicians will show you that the unit is assembled properly before they leave your home.
- Maintenance is important! Please make sure that you ask the technicians any questions or concerns about maintenance that you might have while the technician is on site.
- We warrant our assembly services for thirty days.
- We will have to reschedule if the ground is wet, there is a possibility of rain during the assembly time frame, or if the temperature should be below 40 degrees.
What you must have completed before the assembly team arrives:
- Level installation area that is level within 1” over a ten foot area and 2” over a twenty foot area.
- Ensure a clearance area around playset of at least 6’ in all directions (playset + 6’ in all directions)
- Ensure no buried utilities, wires, pipes, etc. will interfere with installation.
- Ensure you are not planning to position the swing set on top of any sprinkler equipment.
- Ensure there are no overhead obstacles within 6’ of the top of the playset (power lines, roofs, trees, etc.).
- Ensure all other debris is removed from the area prior to arrival of our installation crew.
- Adult customer MUST be at job site during the entire installation and for the duration of the installation.
- If an adult customer representative is not present upon arrival of the team, a $100 re-schedule fee will be charged.
- Ensure there is ample space to un-package and assemble the unit.
- Please arrange for pets and children to be in a separate area during the entire installation process.
- Ensure access to an electric power outlet that is working properly within 200’ of the assembly area.
- Installation of any play surface products that you may have bought (ie: sand, mulch, etc.) should be done ONLY after playset installation is completed.
Failure to have all steps completed prior to arrival of installation team MAY result in delays and additional fees for the installation.
If you have ANY concerns, please call us so we can work with you to resolve your concerns.